On December 7, 2021, as part of the Anti-Corruption Week with the UN Global Compact, the event "Fair Business — the key to sustainable economic development of the country" took place in Ukraine.
During the event, 16 leading Ukrainian companies signed a Memorandum on Joint Action on Anti-Corruption in Ukraine. These companies included: Nestlé Ukraine, KPMG Ukraine, Naftogaz Ukraine, Interpipe Ukraine, Carlsberg Ukraine, NGO "Energiya Kraina, BASF, Parimatch Ukraine, Transparent Democracy NGO, Datagroup, Metinvest Holding, Pravex Bank (Intesa Sanpaolo Group), COSA, Danone Ukraine, Kyivstar and Ethicontrol.
What does the signing of the Memorandum mean?
The companies that signed the Memorandum have agreed to fulfill the following obligations (not limited to this list):
1. “Conduct our business honestly, transparently and in full compliance with Ukrainian law, the principles of the United Nations Convention against Corruption (UNCAC), the Inter-American Convention against Corruption, the Anti-Corruption Rules of the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC) and the Tenth Principle of the Global Compact UN on corruption.
2. Refrain from paying bribes and not allow your directors, employees, other company officials and third parties (including intermediaries, "sales agents", sales representatives, commercial consultants, etc.) to pay bribes on their own behalf.
3. Avoid undue influence on any decisions of the Party by refraining from receiving bribes and not allowing its directors, employees, other company officials and third parties (including intermediaries, "sales agents", sales representatives, commercial consultants, etc.) to receive bribes on their own behalf.
4. Avoid falsifications of tenders and participation in falsifications of tenders, including falsifications or "distortions" of tender specifications and technical, commercial and / or financial terms of tenders.
5. Refrain from making contributions in connection with local political campaigns.
6. Carefully record all costs associated with sponsorship activities, including donations and charitable contributions, in the company's financial statements. ”
Photo: UN Global Compact in Ukraine
Facebook post: www.facebook.com/global.compact.Ukraine